The Fertility Lab at the Center for Reproductive Medicine - Infertility Specialists
At the Center for Reproductive Medicine, we believe that the first step toward offering the best possible infertility treatment is to maintain superior medical facilities. Our infertility specialists have access to one of the most advanced fertility labs in the Orlando, Florida area, giving our patients access to an unsurpassed range of fertility treatments. Our lab is accredited by multiple state and national organizations and is staffed by a team of highly qualified infertility specialists in a variety of medical disciplines. Patients who choose the Center for Reproductive Medicine can rest assured that we have the expertise and facilities necessary to give them the best possible chance of success.
A Fully Accredited Fertility Lab
Our infertility specialists work in laboratory facilities that are fully accredited by the Commission on Office Laboratory Assessment (COLA), certified by the College of American Pathologists (CAP), and affiliated with the Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART). COLA is an independent certification organization that establishes extremely high standards for safety, hygiene, and efficiency. CAP standards are even more stringent than those established by the federal government, requiring a thorough inspection of laboratory records, practices, facilities, equipment, and management as well as the qualifications of our infertility specialists and other staff members. SART examines the data of all member practices each year.
The following is a list of national accreditation organizations to which CRM proudly belongs:
- United Healthcare Center of Excellence - provides best-in-class capabilities with proven clinical quality and predictable consumer outcomes.
- AAAHC: Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Healthcare, INC - the Center participates in on-going self evaluation, peer review and education to continuously improve its care and services. The Center also commits to a thorough, on-site survey by AAAHC surveyors, who are themselves health care professionals, at least every three years (www.aaahc.org).
- CAP: College of American Pathologists - the leading organization of board-certified pathologists; serves patients, pathologists, and the public by fostering and advocating excellence in the practice of pathology and laboratory medicine worldwide (www.cap.org).
- CLIA: Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments - the objective of the CLIA program is to ensure quality laboratory testing (www.cms.gov).
- COLA: Commission on Office Laboratory Accreditation - COLA is a physician-directed organization whose purpose is to promote excellence in laboratory medicine and patient care through a program of voluntary education, consultation, and accreditation (www.cola.org).
- FDA: Food and Drug Administration - the FDA is responsible for protecting the public health by assuring the safety, efficacy and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, medical devices, our nation’s food supply, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation (www.fda.gov).
When choosing a fertility practice, it is important not to discount the significance of these endorsements. Together, they represent a rigorous ongoing process that ensures you will receive superior care at all times. Our lab is staffed by a full-time Ph.D. embryologist as well as an outstanding group of medical technologists and reproductive biologists. The infertility specialists at our Orlando, Florida lab are committed to helping you conceive.
Unsurpassed Fertility Services
Our superior lab facilities allow us to offer a full range of in-house testing and other services, many with same-day results. We are so well equipped that many area physicians rely on our infertility specialists for testing. This list is not comprehensive, but represents many of the offerings available at the Center for Reproductive Medicine. Available services include:
- Comprehensive semen analysis
- Semen preparation for intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Serum evaluation of hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular axis (Immulite method)
- Semen cryopreservation and short-term cryostorage (for "absentee" husbands, oligospermia, certain sexual dysfunctions, neurological ejaculation disorders, and patients about to undergo chemotherapy and radiation treatments)
- Semen processing for bacterial culture and sensitivity
- Embryo freezing
- Oocyte/embryo micromanipulation
- Donor egg and donor sperm treatment
- In vitro fertilization (IVF), with various laboratory techniques including minimal stimulation IVF
- Epididymal aspiration techniques and testicular biopsy
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
Contact Our Infertility Specialists Serving Orlando, Florida
If you are hoping to conceive, please contact the Center for Reproductive Medicine today to schedule an appointment. With unsurpassed facilities and expertise, we can offer an excellent chance at success. Our infertility specialists have helped countless parents from Orlando, Central Florida, and across the nation to conceive since 1985, and we would welcome the opportunity to help you too.