Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person and it has now been confirmed within our region. This is an emerging epidemic and we are monitoring and following the most up-to-date recommendations from the Department of Health (DOH) and Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). CRM cares deeply about the health and well-being of our patients, our staff, and our community.
As our physicians and leadership team continue to monitor the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, we have implemented a few new strategies to better safeguard the health and well-being or our patients and staff. We are still here to provide the care that our patients need, with some modifications for safety.
- We are currently holding all consults for new and existing patients using telemedicine. To schedule a virtual consult, contact us today.
- Our operating phone hours are now 8am-3:30pm.
- In an effort to best protect all patients and the community, we are encouraging patients to wear a face covering if possible when traveling outside of the home, including when coming into our office. This can be a mask, scarf, bandana or a mask you have made at home.
- We intend to remain open and are committed to providing ongoing care with your safety in mind. Should you choose to postpone your treatment, please contact your care team.
- We ask that all patients undergoing treatment review the most recent ASRM guidelines on fertility treatment and sign CRM’s Covid-19 consent prior to starting a treatment cycle. As this is a new virus, there is limited information regarding risks to the mother and fetus if contracted during pregnancy. Therefore, it is imperative that patients, in collaboration with their clinical team, make an informed and thoughtful decision regarding their continuation of care.
- We have also implemented a number of strategies to minimize exposure risk for patients visiting our office.
- All patients will be screened telephonically prior to their appointment and upon arrival according to the latest CDC guidelines.
- When you arrive, you may be asked to wait in your car after you check in. A member of your clinical team will contact you when the provider is ready to see you.
- We must ask that you continue to observe our policy that children are not to accompany you to the clinic. Due to the potential risk to other patients, if you arrive with a child you will be required to reschedule your appointment. In addition, we ask that only individuals undergoing treatment present to the office for the appointment.
We understand this situation may add worry to an already stressful time. As always, if you have any questions regarding your treatment plan and timeline, please reach out to discuss your individual situation with a member of your care team.
For the most current information about COVID-19 and recommendations for keeping yourself and your family healthy, we recommend these resources:
If you have questions about the Corona Virus, please call the Florida Department of Health at (850) 245-4444.
If you have overseas travel plans, we encourage you to visit the CDC travel site.